2021 was an eventful year for US Agriculture. We are especially thankful for our team of talented individuals, the clients we serve, and the exceptional tenants and farm management teams we have in place. This year, we furthered our efforts in sustainability, purchased quality assets from across the US, and added three new members to our team.
While the list below is not exhaustive, we want to share some highlights from the year. In 2021, we:
- Enrolled all our acres in the Leading Harvest Standard, a third-party audited certification that provides assurance for the sustainability of farmland management. Our announcement and more information can be found here.
- Added a new client investing in farmland that is being managed to build upon the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and we released our vision for sustainability here.
- Hired three new team members, bringing our staff total to twelve. Visit our team page to learn more about Colton Schlemme, Dirk Schuil, and Drew Bridges
- Evaluated over $1 billion in potential farmland acquisitions and now manage farmland in 14 states across the US.
- Discussed farmland as an inflation hedge with investors and released a paper on farmland’s inflation sensitivity, which can be found here.
- Volunteered at the Midwest Food Bank of Indianapolis to help the community and raise awareness about food insecurity. We made a donation in honor of US Agriculture’s success and to further the Midwest Food Bank’s impactful efforts.
While 2021 was not without its challenges, we are encouraged by the efforts of our team to secure quality farmland and tenants on behalf of our valued clients.
May your table be full this holiday season, and may you find time to reflect and recharge heading into 2022.